Depending on where you are located and subject to applicable laws, you may have the right to request to access, correct or erase your personal information, object to our processing of your personal information, requests restriction of your personal information in our control or withdraw or change your consent to how we process your personal information, by contacting our Privacy Officer (see below).
What Personal Information do We Collect?
Canadian privacy legislation defines « personal information » broadly as information about an identifiable individual or as information relating to a natural person which can directly or indirectly allow them to be identified. For the purposes of this policy, personal information means information about an identifiable individual as defined from time to time in applicable privacy legislation. Generally speaking, personal information does not include what is considered business contact information: your name, title or position, business address, telephone number, facsimile number or e-mail address. The types of personal information that 7Gen may collect about you includes your name, home address, telephone number, personal e-mail address, billing and account information, account usage details, passwords, credit standing, emails and other communications you send to us, including whether you click on links or open emails, and other information incidental to providing services to you.
We also collect from former employers and other third parties, and from publicly available sources, personal information about prospective or current employees, contractors and partners that is reasonably required to establish, manage or terminate an employment, contractual or partnership relationship.
Why do We Collect Your Personal Information?
In general, 7Gen collects, uses and discloses personal information about our customers and service providers in order to provide our customers with services, and about applicants for positions with 7Gen for the purpose of evaluating the applications, and generally in deciding whether to establish (and subsequently to manage or terminate) an employment, contractual or partnership relationship. More specifically, we collect, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• to establish and manage relationships with customers, suppliers and other third parties, including to process applications, issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments, and to meet contractual obligations;
• to share personal information to and from third parties for the purpose of providing services;
• to consider whether 7Gen should establish a commercial relationship with customers, suppliers, service providers, investors and other third parties, including to evaluate credit standing and to match credit bureau or credit reporting agency information;
• to establish, manage and terminate employment, contractual and partnership relationships;
• to understand and respond to customer, supplier and other third party needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with such parties and to conduct surveys, research and evaluations;
• to develop, enhance, market, advertise, sell or otherwise provide 7Gen’s products and services;
• to administer, manage, test and improve our services;
• to better understand out services, such as through reporting and analytics;
• to market, sell or otherwise provide products and services of third parties with whom 7Gen has a commercial relationship;
• to track service usage, track service issues, improve our services, and provide answers and solutions to your questions and concerns;
• to communicate with you, and to distribute informational e-mail communications, information and other material to individuals on our mail and e-mail lists, including via third party mailing houses and e-mail service providers;
• to develop and manage 7Gen’s business and operations;
• to detect and protect 7Gen and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with 7Gen policies and contractual obligations;
• to engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving 7Gen;
• for security purposes, including to detect, prevent and investigate potential fraud
• as permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions;
• to fulfil any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent at the time of collection; and
• for any other purpose to which you consent.
We share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants and other parties such as affiliates, partners and third party companies that assist us in providing our services, or any of the purposes described above, including marketers, customer support and hosting services, and analytics providers.
To Whom do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
From time to time, 7Gen may disclose your personal information:
• to service providers, including an organization or individual retained by 7Gen to perform functions on its behalf, such as marketing, data processing, document management and office services;
• to organizations or individuals retained by 7Gen to evaluate your creditworthiness or to collect debts outstanding on an account;
• to financial institutions, on a confidential basis and solely in connection with the assignment of a right to receive payment, the provision of security or other financing arrangements;
• to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of 7Gen, is providing or seeking the information as your agent;
• to regulatory agencies, insurers or others in connection with regulatory or other activities relating to the obligations of 7Gen and its activities;
• to personnel in 7Gen, government authorities, insurers, benefits providers, consultants or agents as reasonably required to establish, manage or terminate employment, contractual and partnership relationships; and
• where third parties acquire or propose to acquire all or a substantial part of our operations or any of our affiliates or subsidiaries, including by merger or acquisition, amalgamation, corporate reorganization or restructuring or a sale of assets, including as part of the related due diligence;
• where we believe release is appropriate to comply with allocable laws or regulations, enforce our policies, or protect our rights or others’ rights, property or for safety; or
• to any third party or parties, where you consent to such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Where do We Process or Store Your Personal Information?
We may disclose personal information to third parties both in and outside of your country, and as a result, your personal information may be collected, used, disclosed or stored in another country, including Canada, the United States of America, the United Kingdom, the European Economic Area and other jurisdictions or countries. Laws relating to privacy vary between countries, and your personal information may be processed in a country with less stringent than the laws in your country. Personal information may be accessible to governments, courts, or law enforcement, national security authorities or and regulatory agencies of these countries in accordance with applicable laws.
Retaining Your Personal Information
We only store personal information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the personal information was collected, to conduct our business operations and maintain an appropriate historical record of our relationship with you, or in order to comply with applicable laws, whichever is longer, after which time the personal information is destroyed or erased. We may, instead of destroying or erasing your personal information, make it anonymous such that it cannot be associated with, or tracked back to, you.
How May You Obtain Access to Your Personal Information?
Upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions, 7Gen will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and will give you access to that information. Access requests should be sent to our Privacy Officer, using the contact information below.
Securing Your Personal Information
We take steps to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of your personal information. These safeguards are intended to protect your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure. However, the internet is not a secure environment and no computer system is perfectly secure. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information provided to us through electronic means: there is always a risk that your personal information may be accessed or used without authorization.
Privacy and Our Website
Online Communications – In order to provide our website visitors with a service or information, visitors may voluntarily submit personal information to us for purposes such as asking a question, obtaining information, reviewing or downloading a publication, subscribing to a newsletter or a mail or e-mail list, participating in a seminar or other event, and participating in contests and surveys. If you are known to 7Gen as a registered user of an online service, we may combine and store personal information about your use of our website and the online information you have provided with certain other online and offline information we may have collected.
E-mail Communications – Occasionally, we may send marketing or promotional e-mail communications to you with information that may be useful, including information about the services of 7Gen and other third parties with whom we have a relationship. In this process, we may collect certain information such as the date/time you first opened our e-mail communications, the number of times you open our e-mail communications, the number of click-throughs per article, total click-through activity on the contents of our e-mail communications and compile generally the related statistics. We may combine and store any such information to manage and improve our e-mail communications to you. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences if you decide you do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional e-mails from 7Gen.
Links – Our website may contain links to other websites which are provided as a convenience only. Visitors are advised that other third party websites may have different privacy policies and practices than 7Gen, and 7Gen has no responsibility for such third party websites.
mail: 252 Esplanade W #201, North Vancouver, BC, V7M 0E9
If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information or you believe that we have breached this statement or applicable laws, you may file a complaint with our Privacy Officer.